Tourism News

Tourism News Phuketwan Tourism News
facebook recommendations

NEWS ALERTS

Sign up now for our News Alert emails and the latest breaking news plus new features.

Click to subscribe

Existing subscribers can unsubscribe here

RSS FEEDS

Entrance to the ER room at Patong Hospital

UPDATE Teen Phuket Tourist 'Dies from Allergic Reaction' to Cashews in Patong

Monday, August 19, 2013
UPDATING All Day, Every Day

The British teenager has been named as Boy Williams Ethan Jade Lascelles. It's understood that he died from a severe allergic reaction, rather than choking.

Original Report

PHUKET: A 14-year-old tourist is believed to have choked on a cashew nut on Phuket last night, according to local officials.

The teenager was admitted to Patong Hospital about 6.30pm, the Director of the Kathu District, Veera Kerdsirimongkol, said last night via social media.

Staff in the hospital's ER room were unable to save him and he died at the hospital.

The teen was eating a snack with his family in Patong's Jungceylon shopping mall, it is believed. The family had been holidaying at a resort at Karon, the beach south of Patong.

Although some early reports said the teenager was from the Ukraine, the name appeared to be British and ''UK'' may have caused initial confusion.

Phuketwan reporters were endeavoring to confirm details of the death. The name we have will not be published until further checks have been made.

Comments

Add your comment using the form below.

Want an avatar for your comments? Register with Gravatar.


(not required, displayed if provided)

(required, not displayed)
(text-only, no links or tags, thanks)

gravatar

R I P kid. Condolences to family and friends.

Posted by Graham on August 19, 2013 11:59


Sunday November 23, 2014
Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa

FOLLOW PHUKETWAN

Facebook Twitter