Tourism News

Tourism News Phuketwan Tourism News
facebook recommendations

NEWS ALERTS

Sign up now for our News Alert emails and the latest breaking news plus new features.

Click to subscribe

Existing subscribers can unsubscribe here

RSS FEEDS

Electric Shock Kills Tourist on Arrival at Big Bangkok Hotel

Sunday, September 30, 2012
PHUKET: A Chinese tourist has been electrocuted in his room at a big hotel in Bangkok, police said today.

The man arrived with a party of 17 at the Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao early yesterday morning.

The man's wife, Wang Hong, 27, told police she emerged from the shower to find her husband, Lee Kui, gripping a bedside lamp as he lay on the bed.

She told police she received a shock when she tried to touch him. Panicking, she ran next door to the room of her father.

He removed the room's keycard that turned off the electricity.

The tourist was dead on arrival at Paolo Memorial Hospital. Police plan to perform an autopsy.

Record numbers of Chinese tourists are visiting Phuket and Thailand.

Comments

Comments have been disabled for this article.

gravatar

Why? No grounding in the electrical socket?

So sad..

Posted by Jake on September 30, 2012 13:29

gravatar

Jake,
Grounding of the socket wouldn't help in Thailand as much as people think it does, because most plugs in thailand are 2 prong. Also they never earth anything that is metal.
My job is fitting safety devices, and if anyone needs advice, they can always drop me an email - scott@phuketukelectrical.com

Posted by Scott on September 30, 2012 23:53


Thursday July 18, 2024
Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa

FOLLOW PHUKETWAN

Facebook Twitter