Tourism News

Tourism News Phuketwan Tourism News
facebook recommendations

NEWS ALERTS

Sign up now for our News Alert emails and the latest breaking news plus new features.

Click to subscribe

Existing subscribers can unsubscribe here

RSS FEEDS

Firemen mop up after the blaze at the Suremio Bar in Patong today

Blaze in Patong Bar Causes 100,000 Baht in Damage

Tuesday, July 10, 2012
PHUKET: Three fire trucks took 15 minutes to extinguish a blaze in a bar near Loma Park in Patong early today.

The fire broke out about 3.30am in the Suremio Bar, which was closed at the time.

Owner Suriya Sinsok said the bar had been closed for the low season.

Firemen said the blaze was most likely caused by an electrical fault. Damage was estimated at 100,000 baht.

Comments

Comments have been disabled for this article.

gravatar

Correct me if I'm mistaken but it seems to me that a disproportionate number of fires are caused by electrical faults.

Perhaps this would compel the local authorities to tighten the building inspections (if there even are any).

I'm glad nobody got hurt and sorry for the financial losses of the owner.

Posted by Andrew on July 10, 2012 13:06

gravatar

"Correct me if I'm mistaken but it seems to me that a disproportionate number of fires are caused by electrical faults."
Lucky enough, most of this electrical faults in business areas are at (day) times, the businesses are closed. That no one get hurt is probably only a question of personal luck!

Posted by ??? on July 10, 2012 15:28

gravatar

At least no one was hurt, because there probably isn't an extinguisher there. As an Electrician, trust me. The electrical faults are extremely high. I am shocked half of Phuket isn't burnt down, and this includes multi million dollar houses with low quality no safety devices.

Posted by Tbs on July 10, 2012 19:38


Wednesday July 17, 2019
Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa

FOLLOW PHUKETWAN

Facebook Twitter